Om maha Ganapathe namaha

Sarva vignoba shantaye

Om Ganeshaya namaha.


Om, I invoke the name of Ganapathi,

Bringer of peace over all troubles,

Om, I invoke the name of Ganesh….

* Lord Ganesh, the remover of all obstacles and bestower of wishes, is worshipped in myriad expressions of form and material -wood, terracotta, bronze, clay, silver and stone. His elephant-head and curving trunk resting over his enormous belly are the most prominent features of him.

* Today is Ganesh Chaturthi and I thought this was the perfect time to post a few snaps from my personal collection of Ganeshas. Collecting ganesh idols have become almost an obsession for me.

* Ganesh, or Ganapathi as we prefer to call him down South, sits on my shelves, in multiple forms of statuary, stone, metal and papier mache.

* Few auspicious occasions are not embarked upon without first seeking his blessings.

* He figured prominently in my childhood stories, which I now tell my little one. I have since then developed an even more personal connection to Ganesh.

* Ganesh’s trunk can be curled into the symbol “Om”, the primal sound; and the snake found coiled around his waist represents the force of cosmic energy.

* To thee, Lord Ganesha, come and fill our homes with happiness and goodness……..

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top