Apartment Therapy
I am always so impressed the way designers and architects find small niches for home offices. In my own home , we have a dedicated office space, but my husband often works from home and so it is "his"office. That left me trying to carve out a niche for myself in some other area of the house.
Here are some of my favorite ideas for fitting in an office when space is tight.
Brian Vanden Brink
A quaint space, but look closer and you will see this office is in the bathroom. Not sure how the moisture will effect the computer, but in homes with large baths this is a creative alternative.

Hutker Architects
Have a small area in your hallway? Here is wonderful little space that has been efficiently utilized.

Domenic Mercadante
Here is an office created in the far part of a butler's pantry. Spaces doing double duty!

Willow Decor
Here is where I ended up! I carved out a niche office for myself when I created my Butler's Pantry. It does double duty as a functional pantry, housing appliances, serving pieces and dishes, as well as cabinets to hold internet wiring, printer and family files. Read all about it here.
Apartment Therapy
Is this a closet with a window, an entry or landing? This is one of my all time favorites. I love the the shelf desk and the wonderful natural light.
Centerbrook Architects
An attic alcove has just enough space for a small desk and chair.
Anthony DiGregario Architects
Here is an unusual space at the top of a landing. The owner added built ins for a very efficient space -notice how they wrap around to the right.
. Tittman Architects
This area is not quite as small as some of the others but I included it because it is a space used by two people or one that does double duty. Notice the desk behind the table. Perhaps a shared space or the table is used for crafting.


Better Homes and Gardens
Another small area at the top of a landing or part of a small bonus/loft room.


Country Living
Although this office area is not in a small room; it is in a small space. Interestingly the desk is tucked into the bookcase design, taking very little space up in the room. Very creative!


Restyled Home
Here is a desk area tucked into a pass thru hallway. I like the vertical use of space in this area. The two chairs are also very functional for a parent to sit and help with homework.



This Old House
Of course a well designed closet space can be turned into a wonderful office. Take off the doors and viola - home office!


Steve & Chris
Or leave the doors on and close them if things get too messy. I really like the bulletin and peg boards on the doors for storage and notes.

Apartment Therapy
This is a wonderful modern example of how any space can be turned into an office.


Let me know how you have used an unusual area in your home as an office!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top