highpoint201204

I had such a blast at High Point Market this week!  There was so much to see and so many great people to connect and reconnect with !!  Over the next few days I will go into more detail about the people I was with, but for now I wanted share some of the major trends I noticed.

DSC_0594

1. COLOR!! Yay!! Color is back!  Of course Tangerine Tango was prominently featured but more interesting was the pairing of both green and gray blue with it. I adored the gray blue upholstery with the Tangerine – It was more my style – a bit conservative but with a fresh and exciting pop of color.

Tobi Fairley Market Pillows

(Tobi Fairley Pinterest)
Although the Restoration Hardware look was still around, all the manufacturers were showing color.   Now don’t panic, if you have just committed to a neutral palette, new pillows are an inexpensive way to add some quick pops – but color is back, so in the next few months we will look at ways to re-introduce more color to your home.

(However, you will see most of my upholstery photos are grays, whites and beiges. I still prefer more neutral upholstery that can be refreshed with new pillows each season)

HP Lee blue gray nailheads

2.  Belgian Lines –  We still saw many upholstered pieces with Belgian lines. Think narrow arms, straight lines and one solid seat cushion. Lee Industries and Verellen had some beautiful and extremely comfortable examples.   I have actually been planning to write a post on “sofas with one solid seat cushion” for a while now – One seat cushion is my preferred configuration – I am so glad to see so many options. I love the sleek, almost modern lines.

DSC_0633

3. Textured Fabrics and Velvets on Upholstery – In gray, beige and blue palettes. Lots of velvets, chenilles and textured linens.

HP Lee blegian line

I love all the nubby fabrics and the lush texture of velvet. Again we saw this in many of the larger upholstery showrooms.


HP lee nailhead trim best photo

4.  Nail Head Trim – I couldn’t believe how many pieces were sporting nail head detailing.


HP Lee Nail head trim close up 

It seems to be the chair and sofa jewelry of choice. Also notice the chair above is in velvet.

DSC_0664

Another example of the nail head trim.


Hp Lee belgian lines tufting

5. Tufting – though not as prevalent, there was definitely a lot of tufted pieces – I love tufted upholstery – it is classic. Also notice the flange trim detail on the chairs above.

thibaut-design-fabrics

Tufting was shown at market in solid and in vibrant prints like these gorgeous pieces from the brand new furniture line just released by Thibaut. – I spent some time with the fabulous girls at Thibaut and have some spectacular photos share, but more about this fresh, new line in another post!


Anxious to see the photos from other bloggers, because there was so much that I didn’t see – just not enough time!! Check out Tobi Fairley’s Pinterest Boards and the other Market Style Spotters for more interesting items. 


I will back in few days profiling the Thibaut line and also my friend, the awesome designer, Linda Banks, with more exciting news!!

(all content copyrighted by Willow Décor and not to be used with out permission)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top