krisitn shutters 2


This summer we are taking the family to Italy. We are not “ten cities in ten days” type of travelers. We like to linger in one place and really explore off the beaten path. When Dave and I lived in Germany we spent many weekends in Italy, but because we often drove, we never went too far south.


THE-TREVI-FOUNTAIN


So this year, we thought we would first take the kids to see the highlights of Rome and the Vatican; and of course the Fountains.


villa-borghese-rome


I am pretty excited about our private tour of Villa Borghese.



Pompeii


And then, as they both have been studying Latin and Pompeii, we head to Pompeii to explore the ruins.



italy-villareale-24



But most of our time will be spent relaxing on the Amalfi coast, a place we have never been.


Italy-simona-14


We plan on hiking the interesting trails from town to town.



italy - cooking


Attending family cooking school to learn to make some yummy regional dishes.



italy-casagiusy-1


In my travel search I came across this fabulous site for renting Italian villas, you can see more HERE. I found an amazing one I wanted to share with you in Positano.


italy-casagiusy-2


Villa Casa Giusy has the most gorgeous views.


italy-casagiusy-4



But the inside is equally spectacular – I love the relaxed decor.



italy-casagiusy-5



Can you imagine living here year round?



italy-casagiusy-6


The kitchen is just wonderful notice the iron scroll work on the door. I can imagine myself rolling out a big sheet of homemade pasta on that table.


italy-casagiusy-7


The bedroom is also beautiful. I adore the tile floor. I am so excited to see all the beautiful handmade tiles.



italy-ilpoetacapri-1


If any of you have been to this area and have recommendations I would love to hear from you. We are so excited and I can’t wait to bring back photos and inspiration from trip. I wonder where it will lead us...




(all contents by Willow Décor and not to be copied with out permission)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top